CallPage security and data storage
Effective: January 1, 2016
We take the security of your data very seriously at CallPage. As transparency is one of the principles on which our company is built, we aim to be as clear and open as we can about the way we handle security.
If you have additional questions regarding security, we are happy to answer them. Please write to email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as we can.
Data transmission and storage security is imperative in the modern enterprise. That’s why we have taken all measures to keep all information appropriately protected.
Our data centers are depending on the type of data in two clouds of Microsoft (Azure) and Atman and it’s protected in accordance with all telecommunications standards.
Our staff is granted access only in their respective fields and day to day work. They are also required to maintain confidentiality after departure from the company.
Callpage developers treat stored data of customers with the highest level of security and care. Each piece of customer data is treated as personal and in need of standardized protection. We have employed security policies which ensure safety of the data storage and transmission.
All CallPage connections are encrypted with 256bit SSL protocol. There is no expiration date on the stored data. The data will remain on our servers even if a client does not extend his or her license.
Security of information
- Callpage is in compliance with the following information-related security and monitoring procedures:
- Documented and defined security standards and procedures
- Employee confidentiality agreement
- Verification of employees who have access to customer data
- Access to information granted only to employees who need to work with customer data or hosting servers
- Access to customer data is limited within 24 hours of employee departure or relocation within CallPage
- Training on internal security policies and raising of security awareness as a daytoday process
- Physical security of the data center Physical security ensured by data centers and hosting provided to and by CallPage meets
the following requirements:
- Secure rooms with at least two access mechanisms, i.e., keycards, man traps, security guards, and computer room badge in
- Authorized employees only are allowed physical access to the servers. 24/7 security at the location
- Backups of customer data are stored onsite with limited access and at a securely controlled or commercial offsite location
- The site guarantees additional protection such as uninterruptible power and fire suppression
- Flawed components in the data center undergo DoDapproved “erase” or “wipe” procedure (if functionally possible) prior to physical destruction.
Callpage supports technical controls to provide protection to its network and systems:
- CallPage utilizes professional facilities via a top-tier hosting provider that protect customer data from external threats
- CallPage maintains individual accountability for employees that can access systems hosting customer data
- CallPage has documented user account/password management systems for employees with access to systems that are hosting customer data
- CallPage ensures that individual access to customer data is controlled, i.e., a diverse user name and password is required for each individual administrator
- Customer data is compartmentalized to prevent unauthorized access and separated from the data of other customers
- Access to customer data is protected by hardened passwords rotated on a 90 day basis
- Wireless connectivity to networks or servers hosting customer data is protected using security mechanisms such as EAP, TTLS, TLS, or PEAP
- CallPage data center has formal security policies and procedures in place that deal with viruses, other malware and related threats
To ensure the protection of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customer data, CallPage meets the following usage criteria:
- Each user is assigned a unique ID
- User IDs and passwords can be edited at any time
- Passwords must be at least 5 characters long
- The application and resulting access to data in the database has based on permission controls limiting access to only authorized customers
- Each change of user login status is logged within each application
- All logs are treated as confidential information and access to reports can be restricted using the permission system
- Reporting of this information is available within each instance of CallPage
- If confidential data, personal data (i.e., names, addresses, phone numbers), or authentication information (i.e., passwords) is transmitted, CallPage ensures security by employing 256bit SSL encryption between each component of the communications path
- CallPage security policy assumes customer data retention is permanent and is designed to that standard